A bit more snow and some cooler temps this week- all good things for Opening Day. I sat in on a Lodging Association meeting this week for updates on the winter season and future of Steamboat as a destination. A few take aways for anyone considering an investment in Steamboat:
- Wild Blue Gondola will open fully this winter (think around the holidays if not before!). Wild Blue will be the longest gondola in North America- starting at the Base Area with first section dropping off at Green Horn Ranch. From there, the gondola makes its way to Sunshine Peak. Allowing easy up and down access for skiers and riders of all ability levels. Having a gondola to the top of the mountain will be a game changer for early and late season access. Wild Blue takes 13 minutes from Base to Sunshine, seats 10 people, and the two sections can operate independently in instance of weather or need.
- Greenhorn Ranch opened last year and has been a game changer for learning to ski/board. The Director of the Snowsports School touted an incredible conversion from “never evers” to making turns and successfully enjoying runs with the terrain-based approach!
- The terrain expansion to the expert area of Mahogany Ridge gives Steamboat the title of 2nd Largest Ski Area in the country.
- The Yampa Valley Regional Airport is expanding it’s capacity by 2500 seats this winter. HDN now has 16 direct flights from major cities across the country- only Big Sky surpasses us (with 17). Summer direct flights are being explored and an airport expansion project is in the works!
- A train from Denver to Steamboat and through to Craig is being imagined. It took only a couple weeks to land a grant for $5M for a viability study. This would be a game changer, not only for a unique travel experience for guests, but for local commuters in the valley. Sounds like a lot of momentum behind it!
Steamboat is truly making strides at being THE BEST ski area in Colorado. It helps that our little town extends genuine character and the Western Spirit to all that live, play, work, and visit.
Market Update: This week the Steamboat Springs real estate market had 7 new listings, 14 under contract, and 20 closed properties.
Click the link to view this week’s listings for Steamboat Top Properties as outlined below.
*Rental projections are based on area comps/data from a variety of sources. This information is to provide insight into the local rental market and is not a guarantee.
Let me know if you’d like personalized Steamboat market and property updates. Always available as a local resource for you. Enjoy your weekend!
Business Development Director | Realtor
Phone: (970) 439-0426 Cell: (770) 846-6555